Sunday, September 12, 2010

Park Güell


Hello all!

Went on a lovely little city adventure with some of my roommates yesterday! Since it was Catalonian Independencia Day/Catalonian Pride day..every single thing in the city was closed! So we walked about three miles up through the city, (a las montañas..towards the mountains!), to Park Güell, a gorgeous walking park with buildings and houses and gardens and mosaic benches and lookouts he designed...all situated on the side of a small mountain overlooking the city. I've honestly never seen a city view like the ones I saw from the top overlooks of Park Güell..its an absolute MUST for anyone visiting the city, and I can't wait to take my family there. I got to take some really great panoramics and also walked back from the park..so got some great exercise with the roommates as well! such a great day!

1 comment:

  1. what a fabulous photo, Clare. I love reading your blog an enjoying Barcelona vicariously through you. Sounds like you are having a blast - good luck with classes!!

    ReplyDelete