Thursday, November 4, 2010

Chase & Danny's Visit & Halloween en BCN!!


HAPPY (BELATED) HALLOWEEN!!!

Hope everyone had a good one!

This past weekend my good friends Chase and Danny, both from CofC as well, came to visit me here in Barcelona! Chase is studying in Nottingham, England, and Danny is currently studying in Grenada, also in Spain. They both arrived on Thursday, and the fun literally started right away! That night my roommates and guests and I hosted a fantastic halloween party, complete
with decorations! My group of closet girlfriends and I were the seven dwarfs, ( I was Dopey :) ), and our friend happens to look like Snow White in real life, so she joined our disney family as well! I must say we did an excellent job!

The next couple of days, I showed Chase and Danny more around the city, and took them to Parc Guell, the Sagrada Familia, and Casa Batlló, just like when dad was here! I think Chase especially fell in love with Barcelona. As he wrote on my facebook, "Barcelona > the rest of the world." haha what a happy visitor.

Chase and I made it to a BARÇA (the futbol liga here) game for my first time!! We literally sat two rows from the last one, but it was absolutely awesome, and going to dinner and to the game with some girlfriends as well made it the best experience! we kept sneakers and gym shorts on and went straight to a club after the game to meet the rest of my friends. The club was having a halloween theme night and we blended right in as soccer players, while staying much more comfortable than anyone else dancing the night away there with us!

The next morning, Danny had to leave really early, so later on in the day some friends and I made a trek with Chase up to Montjuïc, a small mountain to the side of the city where all of the 1992 Olympic stadiums, tracks, pools, and open areas are. There is also a botanical garden and tons of walking paths, a castle with gardens surrounding it, and the best views of the city I've seen so far. We all walked up the mountain/giant hill along the paths, etc, and then took a cable car back down!! Such a good day..amazing views, great exercise, and fun people.

over all just great great weekend, accomplished so much every day and went out and had fun every single night as well...needless to say this past week has been rough! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment